Pages

Friday 29 July 2016

Where are they now? Finished and waiting to be added to my collection!

Since last Friday I have been slowly but surely renovating, varnishing, and basing the Minifigs 'S' Range Prussian Napoleonic figures that I originally painted nearly fifty years ago.

The figures had not suffered too much damage in storage, but they did need a bit of renovating before they were varnished. They are now gloss varnished (a process that seems to lift even the dullest of colours) and based on MDF bases that have been painted with Humbrol matt Grass Green enamel paint.


I am now able to add them to my existing collection of Napoleonic figures, and I intend to use them to form the first of my Prussian Infantry Divisions.

8 comments:

  1. Not to mention adding a touch of Old School class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross Mac,

      The Old School gloss finish does look good on colourful Napoleonic uniforms, and reinforces the fact that they a to be played with, not just admired.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Super little figures- do like the mounted General- they look excellent in the gloss. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev,

      Cheers! I think that the mounted officer was supposed to be Blucher, but I'm not sure.

      I do like the gloss finish on colourful uniforms, especially those from the Napoleonic era. It really does make the colour stand out.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. How nice to be able to use troops you painted 50 years ago - I wish I still had mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stryker,

      I also have quite a number of Minifig American Civil War figures that I painted in the early 1970s and that are sitting in storage boxes waiting to be based.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
    2. I like at least a semi gloss finish. These look like they will go well with your Del Prado figures. I hjave a very few of the "old" Minifigs in my collection but planty of the "new" ones from the mid 1970's.

      Delete
    3. Gonsalvo,

      They are slightly smaller than some of the Del Prado figures ... but as the latter are all a mixture of larger and smaller figures, this does not matter too much, especially once they are varnished and based.

      I liked the old Minifigs, and have fond memories of their replacements which - whilst not perfect - were consistently of a similar size and style. I have some ACW figures dating from then ... and they are also awaiting renovation and basing.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.