Pages

Thursday 7 July 2016

Getting ready for COW

Since I retired I have had the luxury of lots of time to get ready for things like COW2016 ... with the result that I find that it is the Thursday before I go, and I still have things to get together before I can go!

I always write myself a check-list of things to take, but I always seem to find that at the last minute I remember something that I have not put on the list ... and today is no exception. I went to print off the latest version of my Pre-Dreadnought Naval Wargame Rules for my session, and then realised that I had not designed a proper damage record chart for the umpire to use. This is now done ... and now I have to design my session sign-up sheet, which I had also 'forgotten' to do!


My wife has already said that she is going out later today on her own so that I can spend some uninterrupted time making sure I have everything packed and ready to go for tomorrow.

I am afraid to say that she knows me only too well!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Stephen Briddon,

      Cheers! I certainly intend to have as good a time as possible at COW.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. I'm sure with all your meticulous preparation Bob- things will go splendidly with your Naval games at COW. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev,

      Cheers! Thanks for your best wishes.

      I have just finished getting everything packed together. Now I cam have a bit of a rest.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the game Bob- I look forward to seeigthe report of the conference.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete.,

      Thanks very much for your best wishes. I am sure it will go all right, and that the participants will enjoy themselves.

      I hope that I will be able to write a blog entry about COW sometime next week.

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.