Pages

Monday 12 January 2015

Going Loco: Part 10: Adding the couplings

I spent several hours yesterday afternoon adding the hook and eye couplings to my toy train set conversions. This was not quite as simple and easy as I had hoped as I quickly realised that I needed to accurately drill holes for the hooks and eyes into the locomotives and wagons ... and that my electric modelling drill was just not accurate enough for the task. In the end I had to do it manually using a pin drill.

Each hook and eye was screwed into the holes that I had drilled and was also fixed in place using superglue. The superglue was intended to strengthen the joint between the hook/eye and the locomotive/wagon and seems to have worked.

I now intend to start painting the locomotives and wagons. The paint scheme I plan to use is as simple and generic as I can make it, with the unarmoured locomotives being black, the unarmoured wagons having black underframes and brown bodywork, and the armoured locomotive and wagons being green.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.