Pages

Tuesday 1 April 2014

... and you win some more!

Whilst I was at my Lodge meeting yesterday several of my eBay bids were successful, and I am now the proud owner of several more groups of Del Prado pre-painted 25/28mm-scale Napoleonic wargames figures.

I am not sure how many additional units I will now be able to add to my existing collection, but it is growing at a reasonable (and not too expensive) pace. Once I have finished all the work I have to do on our conservatory, I hope to begin touching up any damage the figures may have suffered before varnishing them and basing them. Once that is done, I can start wargaming with them.

2 comments:

  1. eBay used wisely can be a great way to grow a collection. Looking forward to seeing some games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conrad Kinch,

    Over the years I have learned to set limits on my bids ... and not to be tempted to overbid on items. My philosophy has been 'if I didn't get it this time, I'll hopefully get it next time'.

    So far I have spent a reasonable - but not excessive - amount of money expanding my collection. I have missed out on one or two items I would have liked ... but they went for more than I was willing to pay.

    I suspect that it may well be a month or two before I can start wargaming with my 'new' figures, but rest assured that when I do, I will write blog entries about it.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.