Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Preparing for COW

COW2012 (the 2012 Conference of Wargamers) takes place over next weekend ... and for the first time in years I am not putting on a session.

I decided earlier this year that it was unlikely that I would have reached a point with either my MEMOIR OF BATTLE (MOB) or MEMOIR OF MODERN BATTLE (MOMBAT) rules where I would want to present them at COW, and that trying to put something else on was not very feasible ... so I decided to take a year off and enjoy being a mere participant. That said, being a participant does not mean that I don't have anything to prepare for COW; I do.

I have a large number of Spanish Civil War books that I have promised to my fellow blogger, Trebian, and these will need to be boxed or bagged up so that I can take them. I have also offered to take my 1:1200th-scale merchant ships along just in case an opportunity arises for a naval wargame using Ian Drury's simplified version of Fletcher Pratt's rules. And finally, I have also volunteered to take along some of my 54mm-scale Britains figures for an afternoon of lawn (or possibly floor) wargames that are being set up by Jim Wallman.

So although I may not be running a session at COW2012, I will certainly be heavily involved in some sessions and will be driving up to Knuston Hall with a carload of stuff!

2 comments:

  1. I think you deserve a year off. Have fun playing the games.

    See you there.

    Trebian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trebian,

    Thanks. I felt that I would rather not put on a half-baked session this year ... and so I will be having a one-year break so that I can just take part in other people's sessions.

    I look forward to seeing you next weekend

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.