Pages

Friday 18 November 2011

Inspiration drawn from other wargamers: Further examples of Nick Huband's modelling skills

Further to Nick Huband's excellent battle report featured in a recent blog entry, he has very kindly sent me some more photographs of some of his models. I find them awe inspiring ... and I suspect that many of my regular blog readers will also be impressed.

The first two photographs are of Nick's Battle of Meerkat (which is a fictionalised version of the famous Battle of Mirbat). It features members of the SAS (supported by direct fire from a 25-pounder Field Howitzer and strafing from a BAE Strikemaster) fighting off hordes of Arab insurgents.



The final three photographs are of some of the items Nick has modelled for his Chaco War battles. They include a water truck (converted from a Zvezda Zis-5 truck), a wonderful well (including a beautiful model of a hand-pump), and a Paraguayan Fighter aircraft.




Just seeing these models makes me want to try to emulate his efforts ... and to try wargaming my own version of the Chaco War as soon as possible!

6 comments:

  1. Nick certainly does knock out nice models. I am fortunate to have a number of his cast-offs in my own collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Gow,

    Nick certainly is a very good model maker and I also have some of his figures in my collection ... and very please I am to have them!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob,

    Very nice indeed! I really like the Strikemaster and the scenario looked pretty good as well.

    Just out of curiosity Bob, will your 20th century PW include the 'modern' period?

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Crook,

    Nick's models are always top notch ... as are his scenarios.

    The initial draft of my 20th century version of PW2 will be aimed at the 1930s and early 1940s ... but I doubt if it will need much modification to be suitable for wargames set slightly later (e.g. Korean War, Bay of Pigs, Six Day War).

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bob,

    That is good news as I have a long distance (certainly time wise!) hankering to tackle elements of the Aden crisis at some point.

    Ground attack Hawker Hunters, Centurion tanks and all the Saladin/Saracen family in service - what's not to like?

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  6. David Crook,

    Low intensity warfare during the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s has a lot to offer wargamers. A mixture of World War II and post-war kit with first generation fast jets ... as you say, what's not to like?

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.