Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

A giant 3D jigsaw

At one point yesterday I had so much stuff spread all over the floor and table in my wargames/toy room that I actually did not have room to stand up without risking treading on something. It was like having a giant 3D jigsaw, where all the pieces were spread out and I had yet to start putting it together.

The present situation is – if I continue with my analogy – that I have put the edges of the jigsaw together and have sorted out all the pieces with sky on them ... and I am just about to start adding those pieces to the jigsaw. With luck – and some hard work – the sky will be completed today and then I can begin adding the other pieces. I would like to get this all finished by Saturday ... but I doubt that I will.

Never mind if I don't keep to my time plan ... at least I feel that I am beginning to make progress.

8 comments:

  1. Brigadier Dundas,

    I have pressed on ... and I have certainly turned the corner!

    I am about to have a break for lunch (and then to have an appointment with my accountant) but when I get back I hope to press on and get the room back to a state where at least I can finish the sorting out process at a much more relaxed pace.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,

    This seems like vaguely like clearing out the Augean stables although I would not suggest diverting the Thames to speed the undertaking!

    I hope you have managed to uncover a lot of long forgotten gems in the process!

    All the best,

    DC

    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your posts have inspired a few of us to look a little closer at our own collections. A few times i have purchased a new book only to find I already had a copy tucked away at the end of a shelf. goodness knows what I will find but I shall follow your example and see just what I do have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Crook,

    Although it is still some way from being finished, the whole things is now taking shape ... and by taking time to get it right I seem to have ended up with more storage in less space and I know where everything is (well, I will do when I have finished!).

    This is a task that I should have undertaken some time ago, and although it has meant that my current wargaming projects have been put on 'hold', it should enable me to move them forward much faster in the future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leofwine Wargamerson,

    If my blogs have had the effect you describe, then I will have actually achieved something. If like me you find things that you had forgotten you had or could use for a new project, then you have gained something at little or not cost to yourself save the time you have spent.

    As you say, we often buy things that we don't need and may actually own, but have forgotten that we own. A good sort out, if done regularly, can save you money ... and that is no bad thing!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there a picture on the box lid to help you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tim Gow,

    I wish it did! It might have helped me get things sorted out a lot quicker!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.