Pages

Saturday 24 September 2011

I have been to ... Rochester Games & Models

During the latter part of this morning my wife announced that we needed to do some shopping … some serious (i.e. quite a lot) of shopping. It was time for our monthly ‘top up’ of all those domestic consumables that need to be replenished ever few months.

After some discussion we decided to go out for lunch first, and then go on to the large supermarket where the ‘serious’ shopping would take place. I suggested that we had lunch in an Italian restaurant in Chatham that we both like, and asked if it would be possible to stop off in Rochester on the way so that I could visit the model shop that was located there. As my wife quite likes Rochester, she agreed to this suggestion and I managed to make my first visit to ROCHESTER GAMES & MODELS.


I was very impressed by this small model shop. It had a reasonable range of different types of models on sale, and a very good selection of model paints. In the end I bought some 1:100th-scale Zvezda vehicles from their ART OF TACTIC range.

I bought:
  • A Pzkpfw II Tank.
  • A Pzkpfw III Tank.
  • An Opel Blitz Truck.

I found the owner very helpful and I will certainly pay further visits to the shop as and when I can.

6 comments:

  1. So lucky to have a local hobby shop ! , ours closed about 3 years ago - competition with the internet didn't help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mosstrooper,

    It is not that local ... it is 23 miles from where I live!

    When I first moved to my current home there were several model shops within less than 5 miles. Now the nearest (other than in Central London) is located at Bluewater ... which is 12 miles away ... and it's stock is quite limited.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across this shop a few months ago during a visit to the town. I think they were still setting up as stock was limited. Glad to see they have widened their ranges and I must get another visit in this side of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BigLee,

    Now that I know that it is there, I hope to visit it as often as I can. I don't want to think that it might not be around in six months time because people like me did not support it.

    I spent more in there in five minutes that I have in the last six months at Modelzone at Bluewater ... and I would have spent more if he had not been waiting for a delivery of additonal Zvevda vehicles.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob

    Local is relative. My "local" shop (i.e. the closest shop carrying a selection of historical figures) is in Calgary. That's an 800km trek.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter Douglas,

    That is by no means 'local' ... even by the standards of a country like Canada!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.