Pages

Sunday 8 May 2011

Cut-price Cowboys and Indians

I finally go around to opening one of the bags of cheap Cowboys and Indians that I bought yesterday in Herne Bay.

Besides the wagon (which also has two rather small horses or ponies to pull it), the bag contains two lengths of fencing (which might prove very useful), a spare pony and Indian rider, and mixture of Cowboys and Indians of rather poor quality.

Still, for £2.49 a bag, they seem to me to have been quite good value, and the wagons will certainly do until I can acquire something better.

4 comments:

  1. I bought 3 bags of these a few months ago. The wagon axles are a weak point, but they remain great value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Gow,

    As usual, were you go, I follow!

    I will replace the axes if and when they 'go', but in the meantime, they will do to be going on with.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cowboys look like some from the old Airfix set - I think somewhere I might have some that I could compare them to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave,

    It would not surprise me if they were copies of old Airfix figures. This has been very common over the years, and although the copies are usually slightly smaller and the moulding is less crisp, they will often 'do' to bulk out an army.

    I have no plans to use mine as yet ... but I will not be getting rid of them for the time being.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.