Pages

Sunday 20 June 2010

What a disaster!

I have just spent the last hour trying to mark to grid lines onto my cork-covered notice boards ... and so far nothing has gone right!

The first board turned out to be slightly warped, with the result that the ruler I was using to draw the grid lines ended up curving in the middle as I drew them. The result was that the grid squares ended up not being square and of differing sizes depending where they were on the battlefield.

The second board was not warped; its corners were not square, with the result that the when I had drawn the grid squares they were not square either!

The third board was square and not warped ... but the two longest sides were not quite the same length, with the result that the squares delineated by the grid lines running across the board had a taper to them.

At this point I walked away from the task rather than having a fourth failed attempt to get the gridded battlefields drawn correctly.

It is a painful thing to say but it is back to the drawing board to find a solution to my current problem.

2 comments:

  1. Glue paper to the cork board and mark grid on that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve-the-Wargamer,

    I did actually think of that but the cork is so thin that I was worried that the whole board would warp as the glue dried.

    In the end the Chessex Battlemats are a good substitute ... and are going to be easier to store between games (something that the notice boards would not have been!).

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.