Pages

Friday 11 June 2010

More preparations for COW

I seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment with regard to my preparations for COW2010. Today I finished my presentation and have printed off copies of my slides so that I can have them in front of me as I speak (I do hate presenters who spend all their time reading what the audience can already see for themselves; I prefer to commentate and expand upon what the slides show).

I have also printed off fifteen copies each of the 'Frontier' wargames rules and the transcription of Joseph Morschauser's 'Shock' Period, 'Musket' Period, and 'Modern' Period wargames rules as published in his book HOW TO PLAY WAR GAMES IN MINIATURE (1962).

My next task is to sort out a sufficient number of figure bases so that several pairs of attendees can try fighting a battle with Morschauser's 'Frontier' wargames rules. I think that I have enough for three or four pairs of players; if so I will then need to source enough gridded battlefields for them to fight over.

With a bit of luck I should manage to do that tomorrow, and then I can concentrate of preparing the stuff I need to give attendees the opportunity to try out the latest version of my own INTERBELLUM rules, which are – of course – heavily based on Joseph Morschauser's rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.