Pages

Sunday 20 June 2010

Still preparing for COW

My preparations for COW2010 are still progressing at a steady pace, and today I have concentrated on making the gridded battlefields that will be needed so that attendees can try out Joseph Morschauser's 'Frontier' wargames rules.

I originally intended to make the battlefields from 60cm x 60cm squares of light brown felt that had a 5cm squared grid drawn on to them. I tried buying the felt from Hobbycraft, but they did not have enough in stock and what they had was very expensive. John Lewis could supply enough felt, but only in green, and as the figures I intended to use are based up for the Sudan, this was not a viable option.

In the end I opted to buy several cork-covered notice boards. These are bigger than the 60cm squares I had planned to use (they are 90cm x 60cm, including the frame) but other than having the grid lines drawn onto them, they are ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.