Pages

Monday 19 October 2009

When Empires Clash! – Colonial Wars: The Army Lists are complete … for the time being

I have now completed the Army Lists, and all that remains for me to do is to take the last few photographs that I need and to add the worked examples for Combat and Recoiling. Once that is done WHEN EMPIRES CLASH! – COLONIAL WARS will be ready for proof reading and play-testing.

An example of an Army List
The Army Lists include:
  • The Great Sioux War (1876 to 1877)
  • The Second Afghan War (1878 to 1881)
  • The North-West Frontier of India (1878 to 1890)
  • The Zulu War (1879)
  • The First Boer War (1880 to 1881)
  • The Gordon Relief Expedition (1184 to 1885)
  • The North-West Frontier of India (1890 to 1900)
  • The First Matabele War (1893)
  • The Cuban Rebellion (1895 to 1898)
  • The First Italo-Ethiopian War (1895 to 1896)
  • The Reconquest of the Sudan (1896 to 1898)
  • The Spanish-American War (1898)
  • The Second Boer War (1899 to 1902)
  • The Boxer Rebellion (1900 to 1901)
The list is by no means exhaustive, but I have tried to include some famous campaigns as well as some less well-known ones.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob, I really like the new format - very slick looking. I am also looking forward to the draft rules as they are going from strength to strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ogrefencer,

    I am glad that you like to new layout. Having made the change I prefer the new style to the old one.

    With a bit of luck I should be able to finish WHEN EMPIRES CLASH! – COLONIAL WARS sometime next weekend (earlier if I can!). As soon as I do I will let you know.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bob,

    Looking good!

    Can you give us a brief summary of the difference between WEC and WEC-CW?

    I'm assuming you choose to use WEC-CW are the trial case due to fewer troop types, weapons, no airplanes, etc.

    The game mechanics are the same, right?

    Looking forward to the new design.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim,

    The main difference between WEC and WEC-CW is that the latter has fewer weapon types (including no armoured vehicles and aircraft) than the former, and this affects the rules to a certain degree (e.g. there is no indirect fire in WEC-CW).

    The main game mechanisms are - however - the same.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.