Pages

Sunday 11 October 2009

Something new to read

Feeling desperate for a breath of fresh air – well to get out of the house for a short time anyway – I did not take much persuading when my wife suggested a short trip to the local shopping centre.

Besides giving my time to stock up on the stuff I need to keep the worst aspects of my cold under control – Aspirin and decongestants – it also gave me the opportunity to visit a bookshop for a browse … and a possible purchase (or two).

I eventually came out with two books by Osprey:

  • T-62 MAIN BATTLE TANK 1965 – 2005 by Steven J Zaloga and Tony Bryan (New Vanguard series No. 158)
  • ARMIES OF THE EAST INDIA COMPANY 1750 – 1850 by Stuart Reid and Gerry Embleton (Men-at-Arms series No. 453)
I am looking forward to reading both these books … and the thought of doing so is helping me to feel better already!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! The EIC - now there is a worthy subject for a wargames army in the 18th century!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ogrefencer,

    Having looked through the book I must admit that it is very, very tempting to think about building up a small EIC army - so colourful and so different!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.