Pages

Friday 23 October 2009

I am all WEC’ed out!

This evening I put the final touches to the latest draft of WHEN EMPIRES CLASH! – COLONIAL WARS … ahead of schedule!

The start of my half term holiday gave me the impetus to get the last few bits done, and once I had the bit between my teeth it did not take as long as I had expected.

A proof copy (i.e. it has not yet been checked for any errors!) is now available as a download from the Red Hex Wargames website. Read and enjoy!

In the meantime I am going to have a short rest from WHEN EMPIRES CLASH! – COLONIAL WARS … now where did I put all that stuff about Joseph Morschauser’s ‘Musket’ period wargames rules?

PS. The password for the download is: wec-cw

2 comments:

  1. Many thanks Bob - a capital effort all round and they look really slick! Very inspirational and I am particularly keen on the army lists - nice and compact, representational forces that wont break the bank!

    Can't wait to see the other set with the non-colonial forces and kit up to 1914 - 1918 (even beyond!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ogrefencer,

    Thanks for your very kind praise. I wanted the whole thing to look as 'professional' as it could in the hope that the reader’s eyes would 'buy' the concepts and persuade them to try them. After all visual communication is at least as effective – if not more so – than written communication, and a few relevant photographs and diagrams are much better ‘sellers’ than pages and pages of text. They are also easier for many people to understand.

    The present Army Lists are not 'finished' (there are still some that I could add) but they are intended to be representative. As you say, they are also manageable for wargamers to create without them having to spend too much money!

    I intend to have a break from WEC for a few weeks. Producing the rules as they now stand took a lot out of me (especially as my workload seems to have drastically increased over the past two months) and I want to concentrate on something slightly different … the elusive Morschauser ‘Musket’ rules that use a grid of 1-inch squares.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.