Pages

Saturday 26 September 2009

When Empires Clash! – A few minor hiccups with the layout

I have been experimenting with several different layouts for the latest draft of the rules, but none seem to work quite how I want them to.

I am dithering between having a simple sidebar tab that readers will be able to use to find a particular section in the rules, and just using simple headings at the top of each page. The former looks nicer, but if readers want to print their copy of the rules back-to-back (i.e. on both sides of a piece of paper), the sidebar has to be switched from the left to the right side of the page or visa versa depending upon the page number; the latter layout is easier to produce, but the facility that would allow readers to quickly ‘thumb through’ the rules may be lost or seriously impaired.

I am still undecided as to which style of layout I should choose. I have had suggestions from regular readers of my blog regarding both options … and as I have said, I have experimented with several different layouts this week. Until I make my final decision, progress on the new draft is somewhat stymied.

Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.